Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Slowly but surely

It seems no matter how much I pack, how much I tidy away, how much I organize - it doesn't make a dent on how much is to do. The endless spackling, sanding and painting trim which when done I don't really notice is so soul destroying. Today I threw some red wood chips down out front, now that made a difference. Not that I love that look, but it does seem to give the impression of being tidy. On other news, we're going to view a house on Saturday. Its a beautiful 100 year old farmhouse in Rockland County. Perfect location for train and schools, and sits on a big 2 acre lot. In an ideal world we will be able to sub-divide it into the house and under an acre and leave the acre+ that is currently somewhat of a junk yard with old run down barns and a boat (!) Doing this means both the price and taxes will come down. It needs work, but doesn't everything? An interesting weekend awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment