Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Thursday, January 26, 2012

how does your garden grow....

I've been planning my dream garden since I was about 5 I think.. so I'm very excited to actually be planning it for real this time. I've drawn and redrawn my plans (so far for only the back) about three million times, but I think I'm about ready to get to work! I plan to use the existing stone, of which there is plenty, to edge out my paths and borders. Then hire a chipper to make chippings out of all the branches laying around to start the paths. Then it'll be onto setting up the beds, adding topsoil where needed, and a lot of clearing. I'm ordering my seeds today and plan to get some lighting hooked up to a big shelving unit I have so I can do this the right way from the get go. The guys are finishing up the fence today, so tomorrow starts the fun :) I have planned a woodland garden, an alpine garden, rose and cottage gardens, childrens garden, and a picket fenced raised veg garden. I would like to add a bit more lawn probably by means of turf strips. There will be a bench with an arbor of climbing roses at the end of a long path through the woodland garden. And a lily pond past the rock garden. I'm very excited to see this progress, and will be posting pictures as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment