Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Friday, July 18, 2014

a Toy Story

A Toy Story Birthday to be precise! My youngest son celebrated his 4th Birthday this week, and I threw him a surprise Toy Story party. Here's a little montage:
Every night this little boy asks me "Can you sleep with me?" and every night I crawl into his tiny toddler bed under his big brother's loft bed, and snuggle a while, and my heart aches every time. It seems like yesterday he was a little baby, then a toddling terror, and now he's in the preschool set - where did that time go! So there's a dragon, an extra large bear, a smaller bear, a pillow pet dragon, a pillow light puppy, a lovie puppy, a creeper, his old crib quilt, a twin comforter, his full size pillow and him all in his teeny toddler bed.. but I still can't say no when he asks me to lay in there with him, because I know soon he will stop asking me and that hurts my heart to think of! So my back may be breaking and my legs cramping, but there I am every night without fail - they grow up way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment