Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

again

Gutted to say that I failed my road test for the second time this morning. Once again I was more than ready and yet did not make the cut. I felt devastated again.  This time more than a little angry also. When coming up to the intersection which has a stop sign, I slowed down ready to stop at the line, but the inspector on seeing me pass the stop sign braked for me yelling that I wasn't going to stop and there's a bus coming and that would have been the end of us yadda yadda.. it is a long intersection, and the same one that last time I pulled up to the line and paused, in the inspectors opinion too long when I could have gone. Feels like I can't do right for doing wrong. It does however feel very wrong that personal opinion of different inspectors takes over from the facts of safe and legal driving.  More points were given when we were driving down the street and she started yelling slow slow slow so I slowed right down from 20 to just above 10mph she then shouted at me that she had wanted me to parallel park back there... wouldn't the right thing to say have been "stop here I want to do a parallel park"? As I say can't do right for doing wrong. Another inspector on me stopping when they said slow would have said I shouldn't have stopped when they said slow because I could have caused an accident - sigh. So it is with a heavy heart I continue my day of cleaning and laundry. I feel like crawling in bed and sobbing myself to sleep - but with 4 small children I have to carry on as if nothing happened.  I will try again, but the next test date isn't until mid September, so another long wait and with it feelings of frustration and nervousness continue - ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment