Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Friday, August 31, 2012

waiting... and waiting

So I wait and wait and then I wait some more and all the while I feel a nervousness building up inside me that tears me to shreds. It's now been 10 long days since I had my blood drawn for the Down Syndrome test. 9 if you don't count the actual day of the draw - but 10 is a round number so I'm going with 10.  I've set out to accomplish greatness this week - anything to take my mind off the waiting game. But although I've done much it seems little. The laundry still sits waiting to be put away, the breakfast dishes still wait to be done int he sink - and my bedroom - after nearly a year here still waits to be painted.  So you see everything is on hold right now. So while I try to get a lot done to avoid thinking about waiting - everything else waits with me. I've stared at the damn phone around a million times this week, and even though the genetic lady told me to call Friday 4.30pm I left a message at 2pm. To no avail of course But there is a limit to my patience and I reached it ooh 4 days ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment