Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Monday, February 27, 2012

gardening times

So all my seedlings are up.. around 300 of them! I just planted another 2 trays so hopefully my garden will be positively overflowing with flowers and veg in the not too distant future. I'm having a contractor come out to give me a quote for the work I need doing in the kitchen - new backsplash, tiled floors, butcherblock counters and taking out a bit of wall to open it all up a bit. I'm hoping everything will be ready by Spring so we can get some chickens, still deciding on breeds but Easter Eggers and Silkies seem to be at the front of my list! Also planning on getting a greenhouse hopefully next weekend so would like to plan out and prep its space this week including the base. Its to be 55f today so I plan on getting out in the garden with the children to dig some more, clear some more, invent some more.. promises be a good day, going to make the most of it before the snow comes back, albeit, I hope, briefly!

No comments:

Post a Comment