Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

you can please some of the people, some of the time...

It will never be easy for me to deal with in business the type of people I would never want to have contact with in my personal life. When it comes to selling things online, you really have no choice in the matter. And as such you will come across people who no matter what you do for them - they will not be happy, will give you grief, and cause you to on occasion wish you had never got into the online marketplace. ahem eBay ahem.. I don't really want to give eBay any time on my blog but I will say that their single worst thing they ever did was to take away a seller being able to leave negative or neutral feedback about a buyer. Yet a buyer can leave both. Ridiculous. Take my situation right now. I sold an item shipped it, took 8 business days, in the current horrendous weather - to be expected. However after just 7 days the buyer opened a case against me, no message to me, just a case against me, for non receipt. I, not wanting to get bad feedback immediately refunded her and fully expected for her either to leave feedback saying how I was fast to respond and graciously responded with a full refund, or to just not leave feedback. However, she left me a big grey neutral - saying she never received the item. The tracking on this item shows it will be delivered today just over a week after the auction was won. But she's already left the feedback, and both her and eBay refuse to do anything about it. It is so upsetting and ridiculous. But nothing I can do. And it's all very well me telling myself to lock it in a drawer somewhere in my mind and forget it. Not happening. Maybe this is that drawer though, we'll see! Rant over..

No comments:

Post a Comment