Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Paying it forward - spreading a little kindness

I always try to be kind to others and help when I can. Usually just people I know though - I don't get much contact with the outside world being a mother of 5 smalls! It's such a good feeling to help your friends or family - even if it's just helping with a problem they're running through their head and not a physical act of help. I took it a step further yesterday. I rather randomly helped a complete stranger, by letting them borrow an old pack n play. I saw a post on a local Mother's group saying there had been a death in the family and did anyone have a portable crib she could borrow to accommodate her brother's baby. Now usually when I see posts like this I think wow who would lend a total stranger something - then I thought - me. I would do that. So I offered, and she picked it up yesterday. Now that is a whole new kind of happy feeling. It really fits in to my "takes a village" mindset. I know you aren't supposed to do good things to get good things come back, but karma, and paying it forward being what it is - the better you treat others in this world, the kinder people become, the more likely it is it will come back to you someday. But for now I feel good knowing something I don't use is being used in times of trouble to give a little relief to a heartbroken family.

No comments:

Post a Comment