Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Sunday, February 9, 2014

bathtime for babies



I feel oh so very accomplished in the hours following bath night success.  Successfully getting 5 children under 9 in the tub, hair washed, nails clipped, dried and pajamad (not a word but sooo should be), is nothing short of a miracle. I try to do every other night in the winter months, due to dry skin issues. But in the summer when they're playing outside a daily bath is pretty much a necessity. Not one I love! The one part I do enjoy, apart from their squeaky clean after appearance - is the drying of the hair. Not the brushing, lets get that straight right away! There's something about that almost silent time with them sitting with the blow dryer hum and nothing else, and that warm comfort of the miracle being almost complete. It's a time I cherish for sure.
On that joyous note I have to tell you about my trip to Target yesterday - not one bottle of bubble bath in the whole store! And when I asked the cashier - can you believe he didn't have a clue what I was talking about! What's the world coming to!?

No comments:

Post a Comment