Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Monday, February 3, 2014

100th Day of School fast approaching!



The children are all a buzz about their 100th day celebrations. I'm not sure the 3rd grader celebrates much - other than the fact that half a school year is almost done and dusted! The Kindergartner has the usual project of producing a collection of 100 items - and this gets me excited. With my first we made 100 origami cranes.. yes really.. and made them into a mobile (which the teacher took home for her baby's room). Impressive right? Last year it was 100 googly eyeballs stuck to a superman. Yeah, you can tell the enthusiasm had waned a bit! This year I've seen this genius (ok really crafty) idea of making a gumball machine out of a flower pot.
I think I'm more excited than she is but it will be a winner I'm sure! Not that it's a competition..ahem.. We're going to fill it with 100 of those fuzzball pompoms instead of actual gumballs, which I always think are a choking hazard for anyone under 21, don't you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment