Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Friday, July 27, 2012

bring on the pumpkins!

I am so ready for Fall at this point. New York in the Summertime always starts as a jolly affair of ooh what a long winter yay sunny days. But around about the end of July when you know there is still at least a whole other month of 90f left that I long for Autumn.  The turning leaves, the crisp mornings, the burning bushes and red maples, I want it now! Then there's switching out my Yankee Candle summer scents for pumpkins, apple crisps and Autumn wreaths, baking, buying the children cosy clothes, and planning the Holiday season for my store Bramble Boutique. 
This change of season brings an even more exciting prospect - the upcoming birth of baby numero 5! I am so excited to start getting the nursery ready, and to go through all the tiny clothes from the girls that I packed away "just in case".  So while I know by sometime in March I'll be praying once more for summer - right now I'm wholeheartedly shouting from the rooftops - bring on Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment