Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Friday, July 20, 2012

It's a girl!

Had the ultrasound yesterday and a consult with the Dr afterwards - and delighted to say she told us we are almost out of the woods with the Parvo virus exposure - in 2 weeks they will do a doppler on the baby's brain to check for anemia - but as its going on 2 months since I had exposure she highly doubts we will have any problems.  Also found out for sure that baby numero 5 is a little girl! So excited to have another ballerina join the gaggle.  With my last daughter 4 years ago I was in a yellow stage - so I'm very happy to be thinking pink this time! I'm about half way done with the supposed 5 hour cardigan.. I say supposed because when you have little minions interrupting your knitting flow every 15 minutes - 5 hrs turns into 5 days pretty quickly! Also I realized this morning the reason I haven't got the lacy hole pattern and instead the stripe - which is really aimed at the boy version - turns out when I've been "making one (M1)" I was knitting into the back of the stitch thus not giving the hole. Oh well - by the time I finally do the few last lace holes to the bottom of it and add the little mushroom buttons I got - I'm sure it'll be perfect.  I'm very excited to be having a Christmas baby - it's going to be a lot of fun knitting for her. Happy times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment