Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

et voila!

The 5 hour/5 day cardigan is done - added some fancier trumpet style sleeves and the sweetest snow bird buttons to complete it and it looks beautiful:
I will definitely be making another one - but this time remembering the whole, no pun intended, knit into the back not front to get the holey lacey effect you want for girlish style. But as it is I love it. Can't wait to see baby wearing it with a little sleepsuit underneath. Perfect for chilly winter days! Next on the knitting agenda is a hat using Martha Stewart's yarn range, available at Michaels. I'm switching the colors a bit and doing a soft lilac instead of the green - I think it will be beautiful. Will update with a completed pic when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment