Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Monday, March 12, 2012

8 yrs of love

So today is my 8th wedding anniversary with my wonderful, adoring, patient husband.  It has been a roller-coaster but I'm glad I stayed on for the ride! It's a gorgeous Spring like day today and as it's to stay in the 60s for the next few weeks, according to good old accuweather, I intend to accomplish greatness! I'm hoping by April 1st, that I will have a patio, a pond, several flower beds ready for planting, vegetable beds ready to go, a couple of Adirondack rockers on the deck, maybe a bistro set too.. the grass will be reseeded and all summer bulbs will be planted.  The trees that need to be down will be, the picket fence will be up around the veg garden, and my paths will have gravel.  As for inside the house, well that's on a slight hold, but I'd like the wall next to the cooker to be down and the floors to be tiled.. but realize the above list may be enough for now! So as for today I'm stuck in a laundry nightmare with a cleaning hell as icing.. going to be a long day! My thoughts, as always on this day are pining to be at the Mohonk Mountain House, in New Paltz http://www.mohonk.com/
This is where my husband took me as a surprise on our wedding night, and where we have spent many an anniversary since.  The house is beautiful but the grounds are spectacular, and walking the trails and up the mountain is what it's all about.  I love you beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment