Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Thursday, March 8, 2012

down the path

Today it's to be pushing 70f! Can't believe it, Spring is really finally coming our way.  I say this and know it is early March and therefore we may still be dumped upon by the snow factor - but as the weather forecast next week is 60s all week - I'm really hoping Spring has sprung! So do all the plants on my aching windowsills - all fighting for their light and warmth.  I'm going to wheelbarrow as much of the organic debris from my garden beds and paths to the dip at the bottom of the garden today, hoping it will decompose and fill it eventually. Need to keep making my new paths, as the Pachysandra has really taken over! I bought a few roses yesterday - I'm hoping to plant them out in the next few weeks.  The Periwinkle is looking beautiful, Crocuses, Tulips and Daffodils are all sprouting up too. Still no sign of woodchuck or chipmunk but getting new birds in the garden so a change is a coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment