Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Thursday, March 15, 2012

nothing goes to plan

What's new.  Nothing ever, not even if I wish my hardest and pray to the heavens. Nothing ever goes exactly to plan.  So the tree guys came, cut down the big Maple, the smaller maple and something else I don't know what it is.. they took down the big half tree over hanging my bedroom, and they cut some branches off the tree next to the guest room. But they didn't cut the branch I asked them to ie the one that hangs over the guest room, ahhh! Also my months of work is trashed pretty much. The paths are all gone, the mapped out with stones areas for my raised beds and everything else has gone, replaced with more leaves and little twigs and just stones scattered.  It's somewhat heartbreaking to have to begin again, I was so happy with the paths the way I had them, and of course I'll not be able to do them that way again, I know that.  And now tomorrow I have to deal with the tree guy coming to show me he did cut down the branch we talked about, and I have to say no look the one that hangs over the house is what I said, and he'll try get more money probably.  Sigh.  I do however now have a patch of sky - no more thatch of bare branches.. found this picture that looks pretty similar to what mine will be like when the leaves come in:
I'll have to wait and see if when the sun rises through the leaves there's enough light to garden, but it looks promising. And of course no more threat of being crushed in the night by a falling branch - so that's positive.  We have enough wood for next winter - another positive.  If I can get through tonight's worrying about the "talk" I may be feeling a lot brighter this time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment