Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Mothering Sunday

I feel blessed and lucky to have had and still have my Mother.  She is a whole ocean of knowledge and creativity, and without her constant support and advice I wouldn't be the person I am today. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there - not just the ones across the pond in the homeland I miss so much. 
In bramble cottage news - I planted my first rose yesterday! It felt good to see it there, next to the 1/3 dug pond, with a good 3 feet all around it - plenty of room for it to flourish into something wonderful.  I'm to plant my second today - and hope to blow all those now ugly brown leaves off the space I'm working on.  Maybe I'll do more of the pond too. As it's cloudy today I can't chart the sun as I was going to - need to make sure I have the morning light for my area I plan to make into the vegetable garden before I build the picket fence and raised beds.  The Hummingbirds are almost in Virginia! They've come so far, so fast, that I keep glancing out the window expecting to see one at any minute.  I want to put a big hanging basket of Fuchsias outside the front door - so I can catch glimpses from my computer desk.  Also need to hang the chain and hook for the feeder outside the living-room window.  Have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment