Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Spring!

It is finally here - it's official! Although it feels like it's been Spring here in New York since January, today is the day. The first day of Spring! I had quite an exciting day, put up my Hummingbird Feeder, after seeing they've already been spotted in Connecticut - so any minute they could be at my feeder! The chain I had bought was silver, and knowing that birds don't like silver I spray painted it red - the Hummingbird attractor color.  I can see it from my desk, so I've been glancing out every time I sit down!  Spent around 4 hours clearing cleaves and branches out back, and reset all my paths with stones.  I took down the bird feeders over the deck, going to put them lower on the tree so we can be a poop free zone (well as much as possible).. Oh and when I walked up the path to get the children from the school bus - boom - there they were - around 5 or 6 peony bushes, each with loads of shoots popping up! I love Peonies - they are my favorite flower, so to discover there are Peonies here just about made me day.  Now to thoughts of tomorrows excitements and adventures,  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment