Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Friday, March 9, 2012

Plans coming along nicely

Yesterday was just simply gorgeous weather. Today cold! I pulled out a new path to go round the side of the deck past the pond, as of now, a pile of leaves, and to the new patio, right now it's a bare 20x20 ft sq piece of nothing.  I wheelbarrowed what felt like thousands of leaves, twigs, debris bits to the bottom of the garden, and decided that my veg garden will look like this:
Exactly, of course.. and not a flower less! I also decided to keep the pond in my original place, even though the path snakes past it. I'm going to plant a butterfly bush or other sturdy large shrub between the two thus lessening the chances of anyone falling in! There won't be access to the pond from the path either, it will come from another path off the patio near the greenhouse.  I love this planning stage. I love the hard work that goes along with it too. Especially as my arms are becoming so toned I'll be wearing strapless dresses this summer without fear of flab! All my children were very ill this week with the stomach flu, and today it's my husbands turn.  I only got slightly ill for one night, so I'm feeling pretty lucky to have escaped it.  My youngest daughter turned four.  My baby said Mummy for the first time.  It's been a long, but good week, and I'm ready for a busy weekend of garden work and visiting relatives, before next weeks 60f+ temps.  About to repot over 100 seedlings, and of course only now do I remember that I was supposed to get trays on Wednesday to put them on! I did however get an egg wreath for the door and a bunny stake for the garden - which of course were not on the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment