Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring?

March is finally here - I knew it would come around eventually but really these feel like the longest winter months in history! Of course the week in October, we moved in, started with the freak snowstorm bringing down trees and knocking out our power for a week, so after that it just seemed like there was no Autumn left.  And of course I know that when the New York summer hits I'll be pining for these cold times, but for now my mind is set on flowers, vegetables and chickens.  Looking forward to the children playing in the garden, the dogs laying in the sun, and lots of al fresco dinners on the deck.  I'm finishing my potting today, have to wait for the other pots to arrive before I can do my next batch.  Hoping to flatten out the area for the greenhouse also, and create a path to it from the existing stairs off the deck.. Hoping to get some contractors out to estimate the work I need doing next week.  When the new stairs are made from the lower deck I want to put a patio courtyard at the base of them, the greenhouse will be in one corner, with flower beds around the outside.  I have the fever! Spring has sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment