Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Save the bees

I was so happy to glance out of my window and see bees on my heather plants this morning.  I went out and sat for a while listening to their droning buzz.  I love the sound they make, to me, it always equaled summer days - no school, running through the fields surrounding my home, the smell of horses and waving rows of sweet peas.  A few years ago I started buying Häagen-Dazs Vanilla and Honey ice cream, after learning of the plight of the honey bee. We had a hive when I was young, I'd love one now - but what with not having any time for my giant list without adding another thing to it - I'll stick to making sure I plant flowers to attract them instead. Bee friendly flowers include Forget-me-not, Foxglove, Poppy, Crocus, Honey Suckle, Passion Flower, Sweetpea, Campanula, Lupin, Columbine, Salvia, Allium. For more information please see below

http://www.helpthehoneybees.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment